The Tygrine Cat and The Tygrine Cat: On the Run.
- Iserles was born in Israel. When she was 3 years old, she and her family moved to England. Her family moved again when she was 11. This time, she moved into Tucson, Arizona, where she remembered viewing a lot of wildlife. Iserles always loved animals and kept many pets including hamsters, goldfish, rabbits, and cats.
- Inbali Iserles is a children’s writer and keeper of exotic rodents. The idea for her first novel, The Tygrine Cat, came to her as she distracted a peevish infant with a book on cat breeds – she began to imagine a rivalry between ancient feline tribes. A chance discovery on a London street set in motion the theme of her second novel, The Bloodstone Bird, one of The Independent’s 50 Best Winter Reads for 2009/2010. The Tygrine Cat: On the Run was published in January 2011.
- Inbali Iserles is one of the 4 authors working on the series Survivors and takes under the pen name, Erin Hunter.
- Inbali lives in Cambridge, England, with her family, including her principal writing mascot, Michi, who looks like an Arctic fox and acts like a cat, but is in fact a dog.
The Tygrine Cat SeriesEdit
- Darkness Falls (2013)
- The Endless Lake (2014)
- Storm of Dogs (2015)
- Her favorite foods include strawberries and cream, pomegranate, raspberries, Muscat grapes, lemon drizzle cake, and mature cheddar melted on toast.
- Foods that Iserles dislike include onions, coriander, and liquorice.
- If she could go anywhere in the world, she would go to Madagascar to view lemurs.
References and CitationsEdit